Monday, February 18, 2008

Self Evaluation Unit One

1. What were the three aspects of the assignments I've submitted that I am most proud of?

I don’t have three of them but I did think that my cell was a neat idea because it was different then just drawing and a Jell-O mold. My DNA and RNA strands were also different but a lot of work.

2. What two aspects of my submitted assignments do I believe could have used some improvement?

I defiantly believe that my essays could have been a 100x better but I was under a time crunch do to moving so I am sure that they are the bare minimum that I need to pass with at least a "C".

3. What do I believe my overall grade should be for this unit?

I believe that I deserve a "C" because I could always do better. However I am hoping to walk out of this unit with a "B".

4. How could I perform better in the next unit?

I really needed to spend more time on this unit. So I will defiantly use my time more wisely and be sure not to put anything off I didn’t think that there was as much as there was.


1. At what moment during this unit did you feel most engaged with the course?

I Felt the most engaged in the unit when the different parts of the cells where being described, Even though it is a lot to remember and to think about. I was excited to do the cell lab project!

2. At what moment unit did you feel most distanced from the course?

I felt most distance from the course in chapter one I thought it was kind of boring to tell the truth. I think it is because I have already covered the stuff in chapter one in a different class so nothing was new to me. I was a little disappointed.

3. What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit that find most affirming and helpful?

When I had questions about how to present the DNA and RNA in the cell lab project, Larry Frolich was there to help assure me that it was ok to be able to do a separate model of it. I felt like had let some of the stress off of me.

4. What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit did you find most puzzling or confusing?

I truly don’t feel like and one person was the most confusing because i think everyone was lost of confused at one time and there is very little communication between different students. I believe that the next unit will be better because now we all know what to expect. I however have already started on the next unit because this unit I put off to long and now I have to struggle to get it in on time. I didn’t realize how much work it entailed.

5. What about this unit surprised you the most? (This could be something about your own reactions to the course, something that someone did, or anything else that occurs to you.)
I think I was completely shocked when i saw how much work was actually needed! I was moving at the same time as this project was do so I was without a computer for a week and it has made it extremely difficult so I hope to walk out with a "B" but next unit I will be getting an "A". Never settle for second best!!

No comments: